Tuesday, September 27, 2011

Halloween Candy Popcorn Pops



I know candy corn is gross.  It has all the food dyes and corn syrups I try to avoid during my everyday food choices.... but

I love it.

I can't help it.  There is something about the way it sticks to my teeth, the addicting second handfuls, the bright Halloween colors that gets me.  I also love Reese's Pieces for the same reasons.

My friend Sam asked me to develop a recipe using popcorn, because in college there is always an abundance of microwave popcorn.  So for Sam, here are some popcorn pops to put you in the mood for fall!  I used pretzel sticks as the base and then molded them inside of plastic cups.  Enjoy :)

Halloween Candy Popcorn Pops

  • 1 bag of microwave popcorn (light butter or natural) 
  • 1 bag of marshmallows
  • 1 bag of Reese's Pieces
  • 1 cup candy corn
  • 1/2 cup peanuts
  • 1/2 stick butter
  • Pretzel sticks
  • Plastic cups
  • Baking spray
  1. Pop popcorn in microwave and pick out kernels/burnt pieces
  2. Place into a bowl with Reese's Pieces, candy corn, and peanuts
  3. Melt butter on low heat, add marshmallows, and stir until it becomes a uniform marshmallow sauce
  4. Add marshmallow sauce to popcorn mixture and stir until thoroughly mixed
  5. Spray plastic cups with non-stick spray and fill 1/3 of the way up with popcorn mixture
  6. Stick pretzel rod in the middle pressing popcorn around it so it stays
  7. Place cups in refrigerator and take out 1 hour before serving

No comments:

Post a Comment