Okay, I'm pumpkin obsessed. This autumnal side dish is just one more piece of evidence... and it won't be the last. I served this pumpkin sage polenta with Cider Glazed Pork with Apple Bacon Compote and it was a hit at my father's birthday dinner. It would make an awesome addition to your Thanksgiving spread as well :)
Pumpkin Sage Polenta
- In a large saucepan on medium heat, bring the stock, salt, pepper, nutmeg, and dried sage to a boil.
- Add the polenta, by a slow stream, whisking constantly (or it will clump).
- Reduce the heat to very low and whisk for 5 minutes, so it thickens
- After 20 minutes add the pumpkin
- Right before you are going to serve it add the cheese and butter