Friday, September 23, 2011

Honey Butter Cowboy Biscuits



So I'm not from the south, but there's something about watching Paula Deen that makes me wish I was.  I wish I could throw a stick of butter in every dish I made and call it a day.  But for now, I'll leave southern cuisine as an occasional treat.


These biscuits were described by one of my friends as "the most delicious thing I've eaten here (college) so far."  That's a pretty good review I'd say!  They are salty, cheesy, sweet and spicy! They hit all of the flavor notes, while being very pocket friendly.


Honey Butter Cowboy Biscuits

  • 2 cups pancake mix
  • 1/2 cup cheddar cut into little cubes
  • 3 jalapenos seeded and finely diced
  • 1/3 cup milk
  • 1/3 cup cream
  • 2 tbsp butter
  • 1 tbsp honey
  1. Preheat oven to 450 and grease a baking sheet
  2. Mix the first 5 ingredients together
  3. Melt butter and honey in microwave for 30 seconds
  4. Form batter into drop biscuit balls and brush with honey butter
  5. Bake for 12 minutes

No comments:

Post a Comment