Sunday, September 11, 2011

Snack Product Review


Quaker Instant Oatmeal Hearty Medleys
I always ate oatmeal in the morning as a child (Dinosaur Eggs anyone??) My dad would boil me some water and I would pour it in the bowl, obviously I was already a chef.  It wasn't until I lived in France for a year that I discovered magic.

People put milk in oatmeal.

At first, I continued to make mine with water while my French host family looked at me strangely.  I thought that water makes the dish healthier, less caloric etc. Boy was I mistaken.  One day my host sister told me to "essaie-le",  "try it your missing out on the best thing EVER." So I had a bite and my oatmeal world was rocked. 

Quaker Hearty Medleys Apple Cranberry Almond flavor is the perfect match for some warm skim milk.  Simply place a cup of milk and a packet of oats in a saucepan over medium heat, stir, and let it thicken.  Then enjoy a snack filled with the warmth of cinnamon, tart dried cranberries, crisp apples, crunchy almonds and sweet, hot milk. 

Product: Quaker Hearty Medleys Apple Cranberry Almond

Taste: Like a fall dream.  Creamy, warmly spiced, sweet, tart dried cranberries, filling.

Texture:  Perfect oatmeal consistency, not gummy or gloppy, but creamy and soft.  The almonds add crunch, the apples add crispness, the dried cranberries add chew.  

Nutritional Value: 130 calories. 3 g protein.  2.5 g fat. 27 g carbs (11 g sugar, 3 g fiber). Contains whole grains and nuts.

Where to Buy: Grocery stores, breakfast buffets, cafeterias

When to Eat:  Oatmeal is perfect on a cold, winter morning.  It keeps you full, so it is good on days when you do not have time for many snacks (sad days).

Overall Grade: A

No comments:

Post a Comment